Since my focus for the night was working on a quilt square, I’ll let the pics do most of the talking now!
This entry is based on my Gratitude Journal, which I started back in 1999. I don’t always consistently keep up with it, but, when I do it every night, it makes me a much happier person. I don’t question how or why.. I just do it; I’m happier. Couldn’t get any simpler.
The journal is lined and I chose it for the cover, a favourite painting by a favourite artist: ‘Almond Blossoms’ by Van Gogh.
Each night at bedtime, I list five things which I am grateful for..big or little, sometimes repeated from previous nights; anything for which I’m thankful.
I started it when reading Sarah Ban Breathnacht’s ‘Simple Abundance’, as it was suggested in the book..
So tonight, I’ll make mine public:
1. A candlelight bath after midnight! Used my Christmas gift of a BodyShop “Moonflower”(!) bath package from Ebony and Bronwyn! Also, my candles from Melissa and Kathy. Thanks girls!!
2. Setting up the TV in the bathroom to watch Rage (music videos) while in the bath!
3. Finding forgotten artwork from 5 years ago while looking for my sister’s baby picture. So I had a crush on Stipe. So what. Shut up.
4. Having fun with “the boys” today.
(Please excuse the clutter..we were fixing a chair today. Well, that, and we have a general clutter problem at the moment. Yeah..we’re working on that…)
5. The fact that one of these guys wandered into the house very muddy. What a character. They both are, really. So’s the husband, as you probably already know.
Yeah..I’m very thankful for all three of “my boys”!
Take care, you monkeys!!
“Cap’t Bionicals” (Tonight’s moniker graciously provided by you-know-who)